Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekly Menu for: October 14-19

Food is such a big part of our lives. I've debated on if I should share with everyone our weekly menu or just stick to topics related to our lives, and I've decided I need to do both. But since I have very limited time to blog today, I'm just going to post the menu. Later on this week, I'm hoping to post the recipes for each menu item.

When it comes to cooking, I've learned to try and work smarter not harder. I could easily cook a different meal, every meal, everyday, but I would be too exhausted to do much else by the end of the day (Ask me how I know this…). So, instead, I plan out three or four things to make for each meal and just double it.

Lunch is becoming my easiest meal of the day, because of a wonderful "friend" of mine on Facebook who runs a blog called, My4kiddos "Cooking and Homeschooling". She is a "real foods" lover, and does some wonderful lunch menus on her blog. If you want to see her lunch menus or recipes, click on the link below.
http://my4kiddos.com/1/post/2012/08/more-lunch-ideas.html

Now, without further ado…my menu for this week! J
Breakfast
BLT Quesadilla Wraps
Raspberry Cheesecake Oatmeal
Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Lunch
Corn on the cob, strawberries, slices of cheese from a cheddar block, hard boiled egg
Toasted bagel thin with Peanut Butter and Banana slices, strawberries, clementine, granola peanut butter ball.
Cheesy Quesadilla, banana, cantaloupe, raspberries
Snacks
Apple slices
Applesauce
Cantaloupe
Granola Peanut Butter Balls
Brown bag popcorn with butter, salt.
Dinner
Not fried Cheesy Chicken, rice, broccoli
Cauliflower Macaroni and cheese, mixed veggies
Pizza with chicken, bacon, tomatoes topping, breadsticks, simple salad


What about you? Are you trying out any new recipes this week? Feel free to share them here or on my Facebook page.

Trying not to stuff my face with food,

Jennafer




No comments:

Post a Comment