Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer Reading 2016

Greetings, Chaotics!

Today, I thought I'd share what our each member in our family is reading this summer. I don't include my husband in this, because, although I have bought him many books, he rarely reads. *shrugs*

So, with that said, here is what the children and I are reading this summer!

My Youngest Daughter(Age 9)
*The Beginner's Bible
*Play Ball, Amelia Bedelia!
* The Fire Cat
*Greg's Microscope
*Nate the Great
*Titanic: Lost and Found
* Junie B. Jones: Monkey Buisness
*Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth
*More Junie B. Jones books of her choosing(we have several, and she really likes them)
*The Chalk Box Kid
*The Paint Brush Kid
* Riding the Pony Express
*Clara and the Book Wagon
*Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie
* Prarie School
*Third Grade Detectives #1, #2, #4, #10
* Jake Drake: Bully Buster

My Son(Age 10)
* Robin Hood
*Swiss Family Robinson
*The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
*The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
*Treasure Island
*The Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
*Sadoka and the Thousand Paper Cranes
*House of Sixty Fathers

My Oldest Daughter(Age 12) 
* The Time Machine
*20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
* Famous Men of the Middle Ages
*The Screwtape Letters
*The Unaborted Socrates
*Mary Jones and Her Bible
*The Great Tennessee Monkey Trial(Audiobook)
*Vivan Apple At The End Of The World(Audiobook)
*The Boy Born Dead(Audiobook)
*Words in the Dust(Audiobook)

Me(30, I mean Forever 21)
*Consumer Reports Books: How to Clean Practically Anything
* I'm Not the New Me(note- this is a re-read, from my college days. It has some language in it, but this woman is my spirit animal at attempting to figure herself out)
* The Complete Tightwad Gazette(Also another re-read, but from my single mom days.Not fully reading, but grazing through it because several of the sections don't apply as technology isn't the same,etc.)
*Homesteading(mostly grazing through this, not fully/completely reading it)
*The Good Wife's Guide(Yes, I know there's a list *out there*, but a wonderful lady whose website I follow made it into a book)
*Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness
And yes, I'm still(still?! Yes, STILL.) reading...
*Created to Be His HelpMeet

What are y'all reading for the summer? Any goodies the kids and I should be adding to our list? Anyone doing a Summer Reading Program at home/with their local library?

Until Next Time,
~ Mama Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment