Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Dieting Progress, Week 2

Greetings, Chaotics!

Remember my last post where I said I enjoyed dieting and exercising?

Well...I still do. Sort of.

I don't know if there's such a thing as a two week slump when it comes to dieting and losing weight. But after a not-so-good weekend(or two, who am I kidding), I'm starting to feel a bit out of sorts with myself. I enjoy the whole not eating until I feel like a whale washed up on shore thing. I really don't miss feeling stuffed and bloated because I tried to compete with my husband. And with the Garcinia Cambogia, I don't have that "Everybody shut up because Mama is HANGRY" type-feeling as bad as I did trying to do this without it.

I did have a possible episode of it this weekend, but honestly, I still don't know if I can account it to being hungry as much as I can account it to...possibly overworking myself and just wanting a cheeseburger and fries.

It really IS a weird feeling. I am not hungry. My stomach isn't growling. It's just....the smell of food, tho.
 I can't explain it. It's like, as soon as I smell something good, I want it, but then, when the smell goes away, so does my desire for it...eventually.

My inner fat girl (pep?) talks have went something like this-

*smells onion rings while driving by a restaurant(don't ask how I can distinguish this from all the many smells that come from driving by a restaurant)*

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Onion Rings!"

*Starts drooling*

"Wait, do I really WANT onion rings?"

*Wipes mouth, internally silences herself to feel if she's hungry*

*realizes she is not physically hungry*

"But...onion rings! No, no, I'm not hungry. I just want them because of the smell.Right?"

*nods to herself*

"But those onion rings smell AMAZING, though!"

"No, no....I am not hungry for them. I don't...but they smell...but I don't...."

*light changes, I drive past said restaurant*

A few miles later...

"See? You weren't hungry. You were just craving it due to the smell."
*Fist bumps self*
"But....if I could be left alone in a dark alley with one of those onion rings..."

"Jenn, shut up. Those onion rings cost more calories than you workout in a day. JUST SHUT UP."

"Okay, okay. I'm not HUNGRY for an onion ring.Plus, the weight loss gurus would NOT approve."

See what I mean? It's weird.

Not the talking to myself, because, y'all know I do that more often than I care to admit. But the sensation. The craving sans not being hungry thing. It's always been both, at the same time and now it's just one and I feel weird. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I've also had to be a bit more mindful about my water consumption. The first week, I started to realize I was feeling...off. Several times, I felt like a headache that was drowning in my brain space was forming. I did google it, and apparently, there is a such thing as drinking too much water too fast. Granted, a gallon isn't a ton or anything. But for someone who usually drank maybe five or six cups of water on a good day....a gallon mostly by noontime was a bit too much too fast. I reduced my water consumption goal to either a half gallon to three quarters of a gallon and have to force myself to space it out all through the day. Most days, I can still get in a gallon by the end of the day without thinking about it, but if I don't, I won't beat myself up
over it. But, so far, the only day I really tend to not get a full gallon is on my cheat day(s).

I have started to be a bit more aware of how to better spend my workout time. Yes, I love me some yoga, and I probably will do it from time to time, but it seemed like a waste to do it for almost an hour and, according to the LoseIt! App for my height and weight to only burn 100-ish calories.That's not even enough to burn off my cup of yogurt I have everyday. So, I switched it up last week and this week. I started doing Richard Simmons dance workouts, and then yesterday, I found Leslie Sansone. Which, after doing the workout, realized my stepmother had suggested a DVD of hers when we talked about weight loss last....weird, I know. The even weirder thing? I had my kids join me yesterday for Leslie's 15 minute walk routine, and my oldest(who, is becoming more and more like my husband when it comes to the idea of working out) actually said she enjoyed it! :O Fist bump to Leslie!

I did try a full length(1 hour) Richard Simmons workout with her last week, but she said it felt weird doing a dance workout with a man shimmying on the screen, so she stopped half way through. I guess Richard isn't for everyone, but I am certainly loving his passion this week!

With all this said, even though I kind of messed up on the weekend, I still managed to lose a pound! Go me!

I also decided that once I reach my 200 pound mark, I'm going to buy a digital scale(because having to zoom into my phone just to see where it's indicating on my current scale is getting old), and one small thing for me...maybe...not sure what it's going to be yet, though. I'll post pictures when I reach this milestone and get both.

Anyone else out there trying a new workout, a new meal plan? If so, I'd love to hear about it!

Until Next Time,
~ Mama Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment