Monday, July 30, 2018

StepMom Undone, Day 6

May 31st. 2018

I went into my bathroom and the scent of actual soap greeted me! Not funky clothing, or urine smell, or "I just pretended to bathe but all I did was splash water on myself" smell- actual soap smell!!

Also, my house is actually staying clean!

Do you know how happy this makes me?!

I'm not sure if it was their special needs, rebellion towards me, or what- but I taught them over the course of multiple weeks and printed/laminated charts on how to take care of their personal hygiene properly- they still
would come out appearing wet but not actually smelling clean. My house reeked of their body odors to the point that no sooner did I clean and get rid of the smell, it'd be back as soon as they came back into the house.
Please Note- 
For anyone who says "why didn't YOU just wash them?"...these kids were 10 and 7 when we had custody of them full-time. Even after 2 years, I never felt comfortable fully bathing children-mine or otherwise- past the age of 4 or 5. I understand kids just learning may not always bathe to an adult's standard, but to me, by 7 a kid should, for the most part, have it down(unless they have long hair or something). Despite me trying, these kids couldn't and sometimes would proudly proclaim they wouldn't wash correctly. They had no physical disability preventing them from bathing properly, and despite trying very hard(and being human and failing at it) to be patient about it, I did often lose my cool about it to no avail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment