Friday, January 1, 2016

Day 1 of the Stepford Wife Challenge

Greetings, Chaotics!
First off- Happy New Year! I hope y'all are just as excited to be in 2016 as I am!
So...today is the first day of my Stepford Wife Challenge. As I said in my introduction post about this challenge, I'm going to try to focus on one "rule" a day for the next 30 days. The website I also mentioned has several categories on how they obtain being a Stepford Wife, so I thought, I'll focus on one area each day.
The categories are-
  • Home
  • Cooking
  • Cleaning
  • Pleasing Men
  • Manners
  • Dressing
Since it's technically a holiday, and since my husband is home, I thought today, I'd start with a rule from the "Pleasing Men" page. One thing that's stressed on the page a lot more than is actually needed to me is to be available to your husband for love making at any and all times, no matter how you feel or if you are in the mood. I chose this largely because this is an easy baby-step for me to do today.
I know a lot of women who are probably getting mad that I'm so...okay with this one. But, this is one area that I differ from some married women on. Even before the challenge, even before I was married, I was downright giddy at the thought of marriage love making. I still have no clue as to who/where I got the idea from, but I knew for a very long time that once you're married, lovemaking is fair game at any and every chance you get. And I looked forward to it, because, *confession time* I had tried unmarried sex and it sucks rocks to me. Yes, I had great fun in the heat of the moment and all that jazz, but truth be told, a part of me hated that feeling of "this may not last", "give it all you got...and maybe they'll stick around", etc. I have always poured my emotional and physical heart into "it", only to not get the same in return, or only to be crushed than the average woman when the relationship ended. That it was just an "event" to some men, and not a connecting of souls, an act of love, a moment that's sacred and beautiful and brings two people into one. When I realized that Christians believe in saving themselves for marriage, I was actually quite relieved and followed suite.
So, I had always found it weird that women willingly said "no" to their husbands, and only did "it" when they felt like it. Which was rarely never, because, babies and kids and we have a lot on our plates and yada yada yada.
Again...maybe I'm the exception to the rule. But since I've been married, I can count on two fingers the times I have intentionally refused my husband. Once, when I was sick(not just head cold sick but like, I think everything that's inside me is dying sick), and once when I tried to pretend I was sleeping because, in truth, I was furious at him for something and wanted him to know it(side note-it didn't work, anyways. Last time I ever do that!). Granted, we've only been married for a year and a half, but...still. The concept that you're pouring so much into your children, your job, your...whatever that you can't give your husband a moment of your soul that he is eagerly asking you for is a foreign concept to me.
Refuse my husband some nookie? Are you freaking kidding me?!
I chose this rule because it's a no-brainer for me. Plus, it's New Years, I'm still a bit tired, and wanted to take a super easy baby step into Stepford.
Tonight, I'll upload my thoughts on the day on my Youtube channel, and post the link in another entry.
Until Next Time,
Mama Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment