Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day 5 and 6 of the Stepford Wife Challenge

Greetings, Chaotics!
You can find my ramblings/thoughts on day 5 here.

So, I'm really sorry that I haven't been posting in a timely manner. Even without fully doing "the Stepford Way", trying to really does NOT leave a ton of time to sit near a computer!
And for those who know me personally, I'm sorry that I haven't been exactly keeping in touch in a timely manner, either!

Okay, so today is day 6. In theory, I'm doing the rule I said I was going to do day 5. But I was sort of not feeling it the way the website suggested(or rather, how it worked for one of the women), so I thought I could just say it and it would just happen.

But...it didn't.

The rule was "act as if you were born happy". In my mind, it was sort of combining with the overall message on the website which, loosely stated, is, "shut up and actually listen to your man".  They say it with much more grace and charm, but that's basically my interpretation of it.

Granted, my husband is a man of few words. He has mentioned in the past that he loves to listen to my random ramblings about the day, largely because he likes the sound of my voice.

But yesterday was a day I really should of adhered to this rule. And, of course...I didn't.

I guess this is one of those things about submitting I need to keep working towards- the world doesn't revolve around me. As much as I like to think it does, as awesome as I like to think I am...in truth, there are people with "bigger fish to fry" in the problems department.


Okay, maybe not *that* awesome

And last night, my husband was one of those people.

I should of shut my yapper. I knew the moment he said "hey, Mama", that he was tired. That the day had in some way, shape, or form, got the best of him.
But, I was so wrapped up in me, so down and out that I had sucked at whatever and everything that I failed to do for a challenge I'm sure no one even cares or reads about, that I had missed an opportunity to actually live out being a submissive...no, a caring and empathetic wife.

And reading today's Created to be His HelpMeet section, and looking at the verses....I started to feel that maybe...the term "hush ladies, the men are speaking!" phrase on one of the pages of the(Stepford) site was aimed at miss loud mouth, complaining women...like me.

So, today, I'm going to try and take more seriously the "act as if you were born happy"/ "shut up and actually listen to your man before speaking" rule today.
I may actually have to stick honey in my mouth to do so, but....whatever it takes!

Until Next Time,
Mama Jenn







No comments:

Post a Comment