Monday, August 8, 2016

Dieting Progress Week 6

Greetings, Chaotics!
Sorry for not writing last week. My computer got a virus and was down for the count until I could figure out how to get rid of it.

I can't believe I'm on week 6 already. Don't get me wrong- I am feeling it. This is the week where, in previous attempts, I usually make this a habit or give up and quit.

I won't lie- this morning was tough. I overslept, Hubby and I didn't work out together this weekend, we didn't get enough sleep pretty much all weekend. I tried to keep portions in check, but Friday? I have no explanation for Friday except "chaos". I see now I can't just eat whatever anymore and assume it won't affect me. I was sluggish all weekend and the food wasn't even worth it.

Today, I did my 45 minute workout, but it took everything within me to complete it. I had totally skipped my Friday Freak Clean Session(cleaning my whole house in 2-3 hours like a mad woman). So, today, I am trying to get back into my workout routine AND trying to play catch-up on getting my house clean.And yes, cleaning your house counts as a workout. No wonder most women in Stepford are so thin, LOL.

Otherwise, last week, I did really good. God was really helping me to resist(up until Friday, anyways...but again, that's my fault). I had actually pushed myself to go from working out 45 minutes to 1 hour! I also got over my "ten pound slump". My "ten pound slump" is what happens to me once I lose 10 pounds...I stop losing for a bit. Last time I had attempted this, I stopped trying and quit. This time, though, I pushed myself to go harder workout-wise...and it paid off! I lost 3 pounds!

My total now lost is 13 pounds!!!



I'm still using Slim Fast Powder, and the Garcinia Cambogia. Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but I also discovered this AMAZING bars from my local Fred Meyer(It's a Kroger Grocery Store). They're from their brand, Simple Truth. My favorite is the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, and a second is their Peanut Butter Extreme. I eat one after my workout and I can't say enough how they are such a treat for me to have! The Peanut Butter Extreme does have a bit of a...vitamin-y aftertaste. Like it tastes like an energy bar loaded with vitamins. Which, I guess, that's what it is...but the Peanut Butter Chocolate one does NOT have that taste at all and I LOVE them so much! I usually buy a mix of both because my store doesn't always have enough of the one to tide me over for two weeks. I guess I'm not the only one that loves them!

As I said, I eat one after my workout, for breakfast. Then I have a Slim Fast Shake for lunch, and a small plate of what every one else is eating for dinner. I do also have 2-3 snacks in between....I don't buy the Slim-Fast snacks only because I didn't know they had them when I went out and bought a stupid amount of snacks last month from my local Grocery Outlet. I'm not even sure if my local stores carry a decent variety of their snacks. But I do try to keep the snacks between less than 100 calories and no more than 170 calories. Usually, I'm pretty good at keeping them around the 100 calorie mark or less.

I was debating on if I should upload pictures of my meals, to hold myself accountable, with each weekly update. Not completely sure yet if I will or not...just depends on how busy I get in the weeks ahead. I'll try to start tomorrow, since I'm technically halfway through my day meal-wise today.

Sorry if this entry sounds a little...scattered. Between the sleep throwing me off, the weekend I had, and trying to get back into a rhythm today, my brain is just not all there. Hopefully next week's entry will sound a bit more not so scattered.

Until Next Time,
~Mama Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment